ads

Wednesday, June 18, 2014

My First Experience With Acupuncture

I've been dying to try acupuncture for a long time and just never got around to it.  It was always in the back of mind to do because  I believe in anything that has been around for thousands of years.   I went to the chiropractor because of a pain in my lower back and had no idea he performed acupuncture too.   One day after he finished adjusting me I asked him about acupuncture for anxiety and he immediately took me to the back to put the needles on me.   I didn't feel anything as he put them between my eyes, the front of one hand, the back of the wrist on the other and then on my two legs.  I learned quickly that you are not supposed to move when they are in you.  Ouch!!   You have to lay still and move very little.  

Three days later and I was amazed that not once did I feel anxiety.   I feel anxiety every day, it pops up, I fight it and it goes away.   Sometimes it's just for a few minutes but they do creep in but at least it's not as bad as when they started three years ago.  To see that acupuncture worked on me got me so excited!    This is what I was meant to do all along.   I've been doing it every week for month and I notice such a difference in my personality.   I feel light and airy and unicorns jumping over rainbows.    All along my Chi was blocked.   I go once a week but if I wanted to and could, I'd do it every other day.   Does that sound extreme?   Well it isn't.   In China, acupuncture is like going out for ice cream.   There is no harm in doing it too much.   It's their way of life.  

I know I have a nervous condition, I know why I have it and I know I need to treat it for the rest of my life.  Lot's of things worked before acupuncture..  medication,  X'ing negative people from my life and hot yoga.  I did the medication for a year and gained 20 pounds and as soon as I took myself off that crap the pounds started melting away.   People have been dealing with stress for hundreds and thousands of years without the Klonopins and Xanax's of today.   I've eliminated a lot stress from my life but I've had to make a lot of sacrifices too.   

I recommend this to anyone to deals with anxiety in their lives...  and I plan to do it for the rest of my life.  


No comments:

Post a Comment

You're Mean

 A close friend of mine said that to me the other day.     It's true I can be.    I can be very mean, cold and cutting.    It's a sa...